Bricks & Mortor Store : OPEN NOW
Mon & Friday 10-2pm
(and the odd weekend)
18 Falls Road Hunua
ᗩᑌᑕKᒪᗩᑎᗪ , ᑎᗴᗯ ᘔᗴᗩᒪᗩᑎᗪ
indalo is a symbol found in caves 5000 years ago and was a stick figure of a man with an arch over his head from one hand to the other - this represents the world as a macrocosm and us as a microcosm. We have to be conscious of what we do and how we do it , it all matters. +me
ℂ𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕤𝕖𝕒 ℍ𝕠𝕝𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕩
𝐿𝑖𝑓𝑒𝑠 𝑎 𝑔𝑎𝑟𝑑𝑒𝑛 - 𝐷𝑖𝑔 𝑖𝑡
Iɴsᴛᴀɢʀᴀᴍ - @indaloandme
Polenta is used in traditional Italian slow cooked dishes. Super versatile, it can be cooked to a creamy thick consistency, or allowed to set then sliced into chips.
TO COOK: Boil 4 cups of water with a pinch of salt. Sprinkle in 1 cup of polenta, while stirring with a wooden spoon. Turn heat to low and cook further for 45-60 minutes, stirring frequently. The polenta is cooked when there are no more gritty bits. Stir in a knob of butter and grated parmesan cheese, if desired.
TO MAKE POLENTA CHIPS:
• 4 cups water (or stock)
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup Ceres Organics polenta
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus more to coat chips)
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• Ceres Organics Mayo
• Ceres Organics Sriracha Sauce
1. In a medium pot, bring water and salt to a boil. Stir in polenta, garlic, olive oil, oregano, and paprika. Stir frequently cooking for 45-60 minutes until done (no gritty bits left). If you have Quick Cook Polenta this takes about 6-8mins.
2. Transfer the polenta to a shallow tray. Smooth to make the thickness as even as possible. Refrigerate 30 minutes, until set.
3. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
4. Cut polenta into rectangles or wedges about 8cm long. Transfer polenta chips to an oven tray lined with baking paper. Lightly coat with olive oil and bake 7-8 minutes. Flip over and lightly cover with more olive oil and cook another 7-8 minutes. To get them extra crispy, flip them a quarter turn, two more times for an additional two minutes each.
5. Sriracha Mayo: Mix 4 tablespoons of mayo and 1 teaspoon of sriracha together.
6. Remove from the oven and serve hot with sriracha mayo!